Methodist Homes provide affordable, secure and caring accommodation and services to the elderly.
What is Methodist Homes mission?Methodist Homes mission, is to provide affordable, secure and caring accommodation and services to the elderly.How does Methodist Homes do this?Methodist Homes provides life right accommodation, rental units, mid and frail care services to over 2000 residents located at 15 villages and homes in the Gauteng and North-West Provinces.What is the history of Methodist Homes?The organisation was started in 1970 and, over time, has built up a credible track record to become a major role player caring for the aged. The property portfolio is now valued at over R800 million, and this provides the major asset base of the organisation.Methodist Homes is run on sound business principles to ensure success in an increasingly difficult environment, at all times remembering that most older people are trying to make ends meet out of fixed and often declining incomes.What is Methodist Homes association with the Methodist Church of SA?The company has strong links with the church, and subscribes to high moral and ethical standards in the way it conducts its business. Having said that, the company is not in any way financially supported by the church. At least 50% of our board members are members of the Methodists church, and each home has a local committee that has a representative of the Methodist Church.Who can live at a Methodist Homes home/village?Methodist Homes is open for occupation by residents of all races, and of all religious denominations. No unfair discriminatory practices are applied and preference is given to previously disadvantaged persons. Methodist Homes participates actively in industry associations, such as Age-In-Action (previously SA Council for the Aged), SAAHA (South African Association of Homes for the Aged), as well as various regional forums. This enables us to keep up to date with activities and trends in the industry.How does MHA waiting list work?* Applicants are required to complete a Waiting List Application Form (downloadable from the website).
* A once-off lifetime waiting list application fee of R2000 is payable and proof of such payment should accompany the application form.
* When an applicant takes up accommodation at any of our homes or villages, an amount of R1000 will be credited to their account during their second month of occupation.
* There are no annual renewal fees payable but Methodist Homes will, from time to time, request waiting list applicants to confirm their details in order for us to keep our records up to date.How young or how old must I be?The minimum age of an occupant is 60 years, unless otherwise expressly agreed to by the MHA Board of Directors. Residents are allowed to be employed, and are always encouraged to remain as active as possible. A full medical report is required for all new occupants, and MHA has the right not to admit an applicant if the accommodation is not considered to be suitable for the resident.How are the villages managed?Each village employs full time professional staff to manage the village. In addition, each village has its own local committee which comprises community and resident representatives who advise management on the affairs of the village. Decision making is taken on a consensus basis. At all times, these structures are accountable to the MHA Board of Directors.What does the future hold for MHA?MHA has stood the test of time, is a respected player in the industry, and provides a product that is much in demand. As South Africa's population ages, so the need for the services of the company will continue to grow.Our Values are:* A commitment to caring for the aged by providing cost effective, excellent and efficient service which will result in satisfaction.
* To deal with all residents, their families, members of the public, and our colleagues with dignity, sincerity, respect, transparency and compassion.
* A participative style of management where all employees individually and collectively work responsibly and unselfishly with integrity to achieve the mission and objectives of Methodist Homes.VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO